SAMPLES TOWARDS AN ANIMAL MASK with GLADYS PAULUS september 17 to 20, 2024
17 September - 20 September
This 4-day preparatory workshop has been developed in response to student requests and is highly recommended for those wishing to try out colour, eye types, hair, fur, plumage, surface techniques
and other special effects in preparation for making a full animal mask.
Whether you are about to embark on your first animal mask, or you have wet felted a mask with me before, this workshop is an ideal opportunity to research specific aspects of your chosen animal, develop appropriate technical responses, and to practise them on small samples before working on the mask itself. This eliminates some risk factors and will save you time later on, and will give you a
better understanding of the final outcome you are trying to achieve.
By the end of this workshop, you will
● have explored a range of felt making techniques
● have create a series of samples in preparation for the creation of an animal mask
● have interpreted your observations into felt & come up with appropriate technical solutions
● have demonstrated the ability to evaluate, integrate, and apply newly acquired techniques
and medium to your felt practice
● have developed the beginnings of a reference library of techniques and ideas to enable
future mask projects, which can continue to grow at home