‘These boots are made for walking’ Natalya Brashovetska
5 April @ 8:00 am - 8 April @ 5:00 pmPlease contact organizer
‘These boots are made for walking’ workshop
This master class allows students to create boots with laces.
Students learn how to use the same pattern to make several different types of felted boots; master shoemaking skills to create felted orthopaedic shoes.
Difficulty level: Upper Intermediate
Optimal number of participants: 8-12
Timing: 8 hours/4 working days
Within workshop, students will learn:
● how to take correct measurements of their feet;
● how to build the template based on their own measurements;
● how to make bigger template for the shrinkage of wool;
● about the different stages of the felting process (layout wool, the best way to work with short fibres, using sander, process of rolling, shrinkage of the product, building 3D your felt piece, details of how to work with mood (shoe last);
● how to make boots with laces, which is a more complex model, and based on this knowledge, they will be able to make other models of shoes;
● how to make their own heel box (which provides form stability of the heel part, improving the consumer properties of shoes, and also serves to protect the feet from external mechanical influences);
● process of installation of heel box, inner soles, detailed assembly of the upper part of the boots;
● process of installation of the soles;
● how to prepare a boot for installing eyelets.