Felt Bag on a Ball Online Course with Natasha Smart Textiles
8th May 2021 - 8th May 2022£75
This course teaches everything you need to create a beautiful wool felt handbag using an innovative Felt Bag on a Ball 3D resist wet felting technique. Join Natasha on this step-by-step video tutorial journey, packed with clear instruction and tips. Suitable for beginners as well as existing feltmakers who want to develop their wet felting skills by learning a new technique.
Learn how to:
– Wet felt with a 3D ball resist to create a seamless hollow felt bag form.
– Work with wool batt fibre and a variety of surface design embellishment materials.
– Design your own bag completely, from colours and pattern to the final shape.
– Create felted-in strap tabs and an internal phone pocket.
– Give your bag a professional finish with a hand-sewn clasp.
The course includes:
– Online self-paced learning.
– Clear instructional videos showing every step of the process.
– Downloadable and printable PDFs on equipment/materials/suppliers plus a quick course reference guide with key measurements.
– Tips and advice to avoid common mistakes and make your feltmaking a success.
– Creative community and support via a private Facebook group.
– Unlimited access to the course.
This course is for you if:
– You’re a feltmaker who has always wanted to learn how to work with a 3D ball resist.
– You’d like to expand your existing wet felting skills to work with different wool fibres and embellishment materials.
– You’re new to wet felting but you’d love to learn by making a really great end product.
– You’d like to design and create your own shaped wool felt handbag.