IFA CiFT – Outline Syllabus
The course offers the opportunity for students to acquire a sound knowledge of wool and felt making techniques as a base on which to build their own individual skills.
- To develop an understanding of the process of felting and encourage high standards.
- To work with a variety of different wool fibres to illustrate the suitability of each one for different purposes.
- To explore felt making techniques.
Portfolio section – techniques
- Flat felt with particular attention to edges
- Surface texture combining different fibres with wool
- Seamless felt /Hollow forms
- Nuno felt
- Traditional ethnic felt from Central Asia
- Felt trimmings
- The use of felting needles alone and in combination with wet felting
- Pictorial hanging
- Three dimensional Hollow Form
- Nuno scarf or stole
- Decorative felt neck piece or a group of felt flowers
- Inlay techniques based on traditional ethnic felt