The IFA CiFT is offered by the International Feltmakers Association to encourage and develop good feltmaking.
Its aims are to:
• encourage high standards in feltmaking at foundation level
• promote good practice in feltmaking techniques.
• develop an understanding of the process of felting
• encourage students to explore feltmaking techniques.
• offer the opportunity for students to acquire a sound knowledge of wool
Learning is student based which means that you follow the syllabus at your own pace, learning from recommended books and online resources and, if necessary, finding workshops relevant to your needs.
At certain stages of each module you will send samples to be verified, and this will give you good feedback and guidance as to how to proceed.
For everyday support, exchanging ideas, and hints there is an IFA CiFT students’ group on Facebook. This is a closed group, where the students can post pictures of their latest samples, ask questions, help each other, and feel more connected with other felters, rather than working in isolation.